13 August 2012

Manga Monday: Supernatural Victorian Delight

Manga Monday is hosted by Alison Can Read. This button edit is my own. The image credits go to the manga, Watashi ni xx Shinasai and its mangaka.

Hello, everyone! Welcome to a new feature (albeit not entirely original) at Books to Infinity. :) 

Manga Mondays at Books to Infinity is less of detailed manga reviews and more of manga recommendations/mini-reviews.

Most of the manga I will recommend will probably be the kind that you can only read on websites like mangafox.me (meaning you have to read this on the computer) or on your phone through a manga app. (Manga app I use for the iPhone/iTouch would be MangaStorm)

Manga Spotlight of the Week:

Manga: Hana to Akuma by Hisamu Oto
More information here: MyAnimeList

14 Years ago Vivi, the demon, decided to leave the demon realm and come to the human world. There he found an abandoned baby and on a whim decided to keep it. Since then he lives together with Hana...but having a 14 year-old girl around you, is it really that simple?


THIS MANGA. ZOMG. ONE OF MY ABSOLUTE FAVES.

Art: 9/10 -- Everything is drawn really beautifully, especially the characters themselves! Vivi is definitely hot himself. I cannot STAND reading a manga without at least a hot guy (AKA bishie/bishonen) and Vivi definitely fits that category. (And Hana! SHE IS ADORABLE.)

Plot: 10/10 -- The pacing is normal, not too fast and not too slow. The whole story itself is really interesting, and just perfect.

Romance: 9/10 -- Although a tad slow to my liking, it was very very very well done. The relationship between the two blossoms and deepens throughout the story, with TONS of cute, "KYAAA!" moments as well as heart pounding, blush worthy instances between them.

Characters: 10/10 -- Hilarious and well developed. All I need to make me a happy camper.

Ending: 10/10 -- I can't go into too much detail but it was the absolutely most perfect way to end the tale of Vivi and Hana, and all the loose ends had been tied up.

Manga shots/art shots --






8 lovelies:

Gianne said...

I like your take on this feature. This sounds really good! Where can I find it, if not at the library or local bookstore?


And what apps do you use? Thanks for the recommendation :)

Gianne said...

OMG! I LOVE this manga! I found this so cute and adorable! It's my all time fave. "with TONS of cute, "KYAAA!" moments as well as heart pounding, blush worthy instances between them." so true. I loved the ending as well even though it was sad.

AWesome pick! =D

Gianne said...

:D Thanks, Cindy! You can read these online on the computer at websites like mangafox.me, mangareader, mangaeden, and a few other sites. :) As well as for apps, you can read this on the Manga Storm app from the Apple store for the iPhone.

And no problem~ I hope you enjoy this if you ever get a chance to read this. :)

Gianne said...

Me too! It's cuteness OVERLOAD. <3 <3 The ending was beautiful and of course, heart aching since it's the last time we'll see Vivi and Hana. :( And thank you, hun!

Gianne said...

OH MY GOSH, Gianna! <3 Did you know that the first book was just released here few days ago and I bought it, and completely fall in love with this manga? ;) Aww, I'm so happy that you choose this manga for this feature! It's so sweet and adorable and please don't get me started on the super-cool-gorgeous-perfect Vivi! <3

Amazing pick, Gianna! Can't wait to see what manga you'd pick next week! :3

Delaney said...

I love this new feature, Gianna! I remember I read it and then I dropped it because I was reading another one. Now I'm doubting myself if it was a good idea. But I did see the ending! >.< I totally suck, now!

I can't wait to see what other manga you've read. Have you read Barajou no Kiss or Hiyokoi or Ouran High School Host Club?

Gianne said...

Hehe, love your banner! I actually thought Watashi ni XX Shinasai! was a kinky manga due to the title. :P


Love Hana and Vivi! <3

Gianne said...

I have never read any manga before, but they sound pretty awesome! I know a few K-dramas are based off of mangas, and since I'm a fan of dramas, I think I'll like manga, too. :D Fabulous post, Gianna! <33 I must go to you for any future manga recs.

Post a Comment

I love your comments, guys. I truly appreciate them. :3 ♥

If you guys are using Blogger to comment here, DON'T. I use Disqus commenting, so the comment will NOT show up if you use Blogger to comment.