31 July 2011

Review: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Summary and picture from Goodreads.
Book: Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
Pages: 391 pages
Source: Bought with my own money
Rating: 4.8 Stars
Spoiler Free: Yes
Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark won the annual competition described in Hunger Games, but the aftermath leaves these victors with no sense of triumph. Instead, they have become the poster boys for a rebellion that they never planned to lead. That new, unwanted status puts them in the bull's-eye for merciless revenge by The Capitol. Catching Fire maintains the adrenaline rush of Suzanne Collins's series launch.

Quick note: Summary has been whited out due to spoilers. Well, I tried to white it out...
 
Short and sweet: A gripping and yet another intense tale, Suzanne Collins does not fail to deliver a worthy sequel to her readers. If you have not read this series, go right now to your nearest bookstore and buy it. I'm serious.

How I Felt About...
  • The plot: It was amazing, just like its predecessor. Although there were times that I couldn't get into it like I did in THG, it still didn't make it all the less boring. The twists and surprises throughout the book were exciting to read which made this book so fun. 
  • The characters: All I can say is... nice set of secondary characters. I really liked Beetee. His back story was interesting to read about. The rest (Finnick, Mags, Wiress, etc.) were also fun to read about as well! They made a nice impression on me. Katniss is still one of my favorite characters, and how I just love Peeta now! Team Peeta for the win! He's so adorable. His moments with Katniss are so cute! 'Nuff said.
  • The writing: Like THG, it was smooth and very easy to read. Suzanne is amazing at describing the intense scenes and especially the world of Panem.
  • The ending: Two words for the ending: major cliffhanger. The ending was surprising and left me with a bunch of questions that will hopefully be answered in Mockingjay.
Did you guys enjoy the review? Enjoy the book as well? Let me know in the comments!

0 lovelies:

Post a Comment

I love your comments, guys. I truly appreciate them. :3 ♥

If you guys are using Blogger to comment here, DON'T. I use Disqus commenting, so the comment will NOT show up if you use Blogger to comment.